Acne is definitely a frustrating thing to deal with. The scars left by acne can remain for a long time, and the longer you leave the condition untreated the harder it will be to get rid of scars later on. And despite the common belief, age doesn’t mean anything when it comes to acne. Whether you are a teen or an adult, having acne for a long time is a serious problem and the earlier you will start the easier it will be to get rid of acne. Otherwise you risk having even worse problems with your skin.
Here are some things that can help you to get rid of acne and restore your skin effectively. The best way is to combine all of them or try to use as much as you can:
1. Consume a lot of water in order to make sure your skin gets properly hydrated. When the skin is dry, a special hormone initiates an increased production of sebum (oil) in order to protect the skin. However, sebum often leads to pores being clogged, which is the most common cause for the formation of acne.
2. Use ice to shrink the acne. Take a couple of ice cubes into a cloth and hold them next to the affected area not more than ten minutes. This will decrease the swelling and strop eventual breakouts.
3. Eye drops. Eye drops can be effective for reducing the redness of the affected skin area. Apply two-three drops to the affected area.
4. Zinc and Vitamin C. Foods with high content of Vitamin C and zink such as beans, fruits and meat are very beneficial for strengthening and protecting your skin from various types of damage, including acne. These substances will also increase the regeneration rates of your skin cells.
5. Cut caffeine consumption. Caffeine is a very effective stimulant that is a good kick-start for an intense day. However, it stimulates just everything in your body, including the development of acne. Besides, caffeine effectively dehydrates the skin, and you already know that dry skin is bad for you.
6. Exfoliation is good for your skin. Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells, which are the food for bacteria clogging your pores and forming acne. Exfoliate your skin on a regular basis in order to prevent the formation of pimples.
7. Medications. There are a lot of medications used to treat acne. Accutane and benzoyl peroxide based drugs are some of the most popular options these days. They prevent the formation of acne and reduce inflammation caused by pimples. However, before you buy Accutane consult with your doctor about it.
8. Laser procedures. Some dermatologists use leasers to get rid of acne. Although, such procedures can be costly and take a long time, they usually provide great results that are sustained for longer periods of time.
9. Don’t forget to remove your makeup. Makeup can clog pores and dehydrate your skin, so it’s better to always make sure you have removed all the makeup before going to bed.
Whether you choose to use drugs like Accutane or change your regimen, remember that the earlier you start with the treatment the easier it will be to remove acne for good.